1. Rental Deposit & Damage Deposit. A rental deposit of $150 is required at the time the date is reserved and the contract is signed. The damage deposit, or a portion thereof, will be returned to the Renter within 15 days after the event and upon inspection of the premises and adherent to the policies listed in this contract immediately after completion of event. The Renter is fully responsible for any damage or loss to the premises or any objects contained therein, during time they have the space reserved. This includes but is not limited to carpet stains (red wine, gum, etc.), damage to floor surfaces, and any damage to any furniture. If an event is cancelled, or the Renter does not show up for their event, the damage deposit will be refunded; however, no other fees collected will be refunded.
2. Minimum Age. The Bonus Room requires Renters to be at least twenty-five-years old at the time the space is reserved. The Bonus Room reserves the right to verify.
3. Time Slot. In order to stay diligent, courteous and ready for our next guests, we ask all Renters to be prompt in their arrival and departure times. The rental period must include all set up and clean up needed for your event. These hours apply to all vendors and caterers. If Renters exceed the pre-booked time period, The Bonus Room will charge $25 for every extra fifteen (15) minutes past paid for and approved time slot. These additional fees will be deducted from the paid damage deposit.
4. Included Space. Rental fee reserves the entire facility for the event. No part of the event can take place outside of The Bonus Room facility, including but not limited to the front area, the parking area and the space behind the building.
5. Vendor Adherence to Contract. Vendors, such as caterers, who are hired by the Renter are also bound by the terms of this agreement. Responsibility for enforcement of the terms resides with the Renter.
6. Guest Behavior. The Bonus Room has residential neighbors. All guests are the responsibility of the Renter and the Renter will be held accountable if behavior becomes unruly or disruptive. Minor children are allowed with direct adult supervision. No pets are allowed. The Bonus Room has the right to evict or cancel, during the Renters event. the Renter, their guests, their vendors, at any time without notice if complaints are received for noise or other disruptive behavior. In the event this happens, no moneys shall be refunded.
7. Prep Kitchen. Prep Kitchen is available for the Renter or caterer’s use. Renter must provide their own paper and disposable products. All food and supplies that were brought in for the event must be removed from the kitchen by the conclusion of the rental time period.
8. Food Preparation. Open flame food preparation is not allowed within or around The Bonus Room premises.
9. Furniture. Included in the rental fee are two (2) rectangular tables, two (2) tall square cocktail tables, 12 chairs and 12-14 bar stools. Various couches and chairs are located throughout facility and are also available for use. These may be moved but need to be returned to their original position at the end of the event. If you need the space to be open without furniture or limited furniture, please let The Bonus Room staff know at the time of booking. Additional fees may apply if furniture needs to be removed.
10. Additional Decorations. The Bonus Room does not allow silly string, bubbles, confetti or glitter inside at any time. We do not allow anything to be thrown outside such as: rice, birdseed, confetti or glitter. No tacks, adhesives, nails, staples, glue etc. on walls or ceiling. Nothing that will allow permanent damage or holes of any kind is allowed. No candles are allowed. Existing material cannot be removed from the walls, windows, or floors without written permission. If these rules are not observed, it may result in the loss of part or all the damage deposit.
11. Audio Visual. The Bonus Room has two TV’s available and a Bluetooth enabled sound bard for Renters to use during their rental period. Directions for operating the electronics can be found on the console under the larger TV. You may hook up anything to the TV’s so long as your devices are compatible with HDMI and/or USB ports. There is an Apple TV for use on the larger TV as well. The large TV can mirror its screen to the smaller TV. Any lost remote controls will be charged at $100 each. If you need special Audio/Visual equipment set up, please let The Bonus Room staff know at the time of booking so we can try to accommodate.
12. Bands and DJs. Due to the proximity of our residential neighbors and fellow businesses, The Bonus Room does not allow bands or DJs at events.
13. Deliveries. Deliveries prior to event must be scheduled with The Bonus Room.
14. Parking. Parking is available in front of the building on the street or in the public lot across the street at the Lakeville Art Center.
15. No Smoking. Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere within our facility, only outside in the designated area. This includes electronic cigarettes. Cigarettes must be extinguished properly and disposed of in the container provided.
16. Lost and Found. The Bonus Room is not responsible for the loss of any personal items, including gifts. Renter is responsible for all items left behind by guests.
17. Out of our control. In the event of fire, catastrophe, or events beyond the control of The Bonus Room that prevents a scheduled event from going forward, that scheduled event shall be cancelled. The Bonus Room shall refund Renter’s deposit and any fees paid within ten days of said cancellation. The Bonus Room does not offer refunds or cancellations due to inclement weather.
18. Safety and Security. The Bonus Room values your safety. Therefore, please understand that in order to promote the safety of Renters, their guests, their vendors, any visitors and any employees, as well as the security of its facilities, The Bonus Room may conduct video surveillance of any portion of its premises at any time. The only exception being private areas such as restrooms or dressing rooms. Cameras will be positioned in appropriate places within and around The Bonus Room building spaces and used in order to help promote the safety and security of people and property. By signing this agreement, you hereby give consent to such video surveillance at any time The Bonus Room may choose. Video is for The Bonus Rooms’ use only and will not be distributed, sold or used for advertising.
19. Release of Liability and Indemnification. Renter hereby does indemnify and hold harmless The Bonus Room from and against all claims of whatever nature from any accident, injury or damage to persons or property arising from the use of the premises, or the roads or streets providing access hereto. This indemnity shall include all costs, claims, expenses, penalties, liens and liabilities, including attorney fees, and is no way limited by the amount of the damage and/or security deposit. Renter’s obligations with respect to the indemnities therefore shall survive the termination of this agreement.
20. Damages. Renter shall leave the Space in the same or similar condition as when Renter entered. Renter shall be responsible for any damage caused to the space beyond ordinary wear and tear. The Bonus Room shall be entitled to arrange for any necessary repairs at Renter’s expense. Renter shall reimburse The Bonus Room for any such repairs within 30 days of receipt of The Bonus Room’s written request for reimbursement. Request shall be accompanied by written verification of the amount.
21. Compliance with Laws. Renter shall obtain and maintain any necessary permits, licenses, or other forms of permission necessary to use the space. Renter shall not use the space in any manner that would violate local, state or federal laws or regulations including the serving of alcohol. Under no circumstances shall alcohol be consumed or provided to anyone under the age of 21. Renter hereby indemnifies The Bonus Room, its employees, officers, directors, or other agents for any damages, penalties, fines, suits, actions, or other costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with Renter’s violation of any local, state or federal law, rule, regulation or ordinance related to Renter’s use of the space.
22. Maximum capacity. The Bonus Room has been approved for maximum capacity of 49 guests. If Renter exceeds maximum capacity, Renter will take full responsibility and be liable for any fines or legal ramifications. The Bonus Room reserves the right to cancel an event immediately and Renter will forfeit all payments and fees if maximum capacity is breached.
23. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed in all respects by, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
24. Clean Up. Clean up will be performed by Renter in accordance with The Bonus Room’s cleaning checklist. If Renter prefers and makes arrangement at least 72 hours in advance, they can pay a cleaning fee of $150 in advance and The Bonus Room will take care of clean up. If the cleaning cost exceeds $150 because of neglect or overuse, the Renter agrees to pay the additional charges within 10 days of receiving an invoice and proof of expense.
25. Keys. Keys must be returned to the lock box at the end of the rental period. There will be a $100 charge per key for a lost key.
26. Fees. There is a 3% online booking fee charged to all bookings.
The Bonus Room reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this agreement as needed.